For the past two weeks, I have been running around like a headless chicken trying to get my work complete. It is now progressing and my hard work is pulling off; my upcycling is going well, I am now focusing more on milk jugs. I am still upcycling cups and saucers as they look really sweet, but milk jugs relate to my project of the milk round and milk much better. I have been using my doorsteps to create a new patterns on the tableware, and I have also been using quotes from my questions about milkmen from forums. This gives my work that extra authenticity and also to show that milkmen our apart of the British community! This week I have started to add my illustrations to the floral patterns that are existing on the tableware, make the flowers blend in more with my illustrations and also so the existing floral pattern doesn’t stand out as much.
My screen printing is going really well, I have made a few repeat patterns to be made into aprons and other things. My wall pieces are starting to come together using the digital print and appliqued milkmen looks lovely, and gives my textiles more depth.
I have also created my cup cosies from the digital print, and my prints. There are 5 cup cosies and they tell a story about Ernie the milkman, whose milk starts going missing and goes on a hunt to find the bandit.
Thanks for reading!